Thursday, November 19, 2009

TO THE BIKE SPOKES!!! - Jeff Hackett

Have you ever found a card that makes you stop in your tracks?

Have you ever found a card that completely catches your eye?

Have you ever found a card that you think 'I must have that'?

All for the wrong reasons?

I came across one such card tonight. And let me tell you, the second I saw it, my first thought was -

To the bike spokes you go!

Now for you younger readers, us older folks used to put base cards in the spokes of our bikes so that when we rode around, it sounded like we had a motorized ride - it was so cool!

It destroyed the heck out of a number of my 1980/81 base cards (I'm sure a Ray Bourque RC was in there at one time), but did I mention how cool it was.

Anyways, this card deserves the honor of getting thrashed in the bike spokes.


2003/04 Victory #17 Jeff Hackett

What can I say. There is just nothing going right for this card.

If you've read my past post on this set, I really like the design and such, but this card makes me take a step back.

Let's take a closer sniff.

First, what team does this guy play for? The Flyers? The Bruins? or the Canadiens? The color combination makes me a little carsick.

As for the photo - it looks like he's just been scored on....or he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. One of the two. You're telling me that this was the best photo of Jeff Hackett they had available. I'd prefer an old school head shot with an airbrushed jersey.

Then again, if that were the case, I wouldn't have had fun bashing this card.

To you Jeff Hackett - pftttttttttttt.

(that's the sound the card makes in my bike spokes).

3 comments:

  1. That is a pretty ugly card, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What puts it over the top is the Bruins' third jersey.

    The teddy bear design just doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a Jeff Hacket sighned card... from when he played for the Tampa Bay Sharks, does anybody recan what it's worth...=P

    ReplyDelete