Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mailday: The Boys Of Summer

A bit of a switch here today. I've been waiting for this mailday for a while.

I was excited to see the initial blog post and was thrilled to see that a poster was being created. I ordered one immediately and couldn't wait to open it.

Sadly, the poster tube was dented and the result was a crimped poster in areas. And I was looking forward to framing it.

Here's what all of the fuss is about. You'll understand soon enough.


Casey at the Bat
adapted for cardboard by Ben Henry

Casey at the Bat is one of those iconic stories that to me has stood the test of time. It has been told and re-told so many times that I wasn't sure that a unique telling could be had anymore.

That was until I was visiting 'The Baseball Card Blog'. I saw these fantastic customs tell the story and was immediately a fan.

The designer, Ben Henry, had been looking for a way to capture the whole story in one medium. He chose the poster route. I was lucky enough to be one of the first in line as he was signing and numbering the first 50 copies.

I will be doing my best to get rid of the crimps and am looking forward to framing or plaque-mounting the item and proudly displaying it. My favorite card....that's a tough one. I do like the last one though. A good laugh (same with the McGuire).

And by the way........PPPPPFFFFFFTTTTTTTT on the postal service.

1 comment: