Monday, January 10, 2011

3 PACK BREAK: 2010/11 Donruss

This past weekend I needed to go to the local hobby store to pick up some toploaders for my nephew who is creating some more Star Wars custom sketch cards. Be on the lookout for those....I know I am.

My niece Shauna came along for the trip as we had to run a few errands. Now, I think the rule is 'You're not allowed to go into a store with your niece unless you buy a couple packs of cards.' So I did. Three in fact.

She got to pick them and I think she did a pretty good job.


2010/11 Donruss

Now, I'm sorry to say, but if you happen to be under the age of nine, you can't view this blog post.....the wrapper says so.


Ever since seeing scans of the base cards pop up here and there, I've been drawn to the look and design of these. A bit of the retro feel and the team colors work nice with the white.

The photos though are a real 'hit or miss'. Some are boring shots, some are pretty good. Some are a little grainy or blown out while others have guys in their new uniforms (like Mike Modano - Red Wings, Simon Gagne - Lightning).

Still, a nice looking card.


My niece uncovered one Rated Rookie card. Sadly, not the one I was hoping to get, but for three packs of cards, not bad.

Again, I like the design. The 'Rated Rookie' graphic gets lost at the bottom of the card and could have been a little more predominant.


Now we're talkin'! What a great hit! My niece was pretty excited to pull this card and I was equally as thrilled to see the names and faces on the front (say for Mike Knuble.....why couldn't Alexander Semin have been on that line - just for one shift).

Three packs of Donruss cards, a fun moment or two of 'busting packs' with my niece and an overall great afternoon out and about.

3 comments:

  1. nice break, you did very well with the line of the times pull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I got a chuckle out of the age restriction, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! You are one lucky man, I cant believe you pulled a trip jersey card on just 3 packs !

    ReplyDelete