Thursday, March 31, 2011

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - 2010/11 Panini Limited Vintage Pucks

Mailday! Yes! It's about time!

It's only been a couple weeks or so since I last received a package in the mail, but it feels like an eternity.

This card is a doozie to boot.


2010/11 Panini Limited
Vintage Pucks #TL /20

The very first game-used puck in my Linden collection. And patience paid off. Let me just say as well that the scan does not do this card justice. I know you've heard that a million times, but this time I kid you not. A nice thick card with a great rainbow-type reflective surface. Gorgeous.

I had been eyeballing a number of these ever since they were released a few months ago. The prices though were a little higher than I would have liked.

I passed on a few, and knowing that there were only 20 copies out there, decided to start taking a more serious look at any that would be popping up in the near future.

Well, I didn't have to wait long and there were a couple on ebay. Again, a little higher priced than I would have liked. While I was thinking things through, I received an e-mail from one of my fellow Linden collectors. We had been discussing a couple other cards to pop up on ebay when out of the blue he says "If you need the puck /20, I have an extra copy."

Um, yes I do and thank you very much.

I was curious as to the asking price and to my sheer joy found out it would be one of the cheapest puck cards /20 to surface. He was merely looking to get his money back on the card.

Done and done!

He shipped the card off and I plan on chipping in a few extra bucks for his kind gesture. Linden collectors....they're the best.

What I like most about this Linden card is that Panini finally decided to use a different photo of Trev than from the cards in the previous products. Finally, some variation.

Speaking of....now I'm on the hunt for the elusive parallel /10. That one might not be so cheap.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I love these cards. I wish there were more game used puck cards out there.

    ReplyDelete