Monday, June 13, 2011

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - Autographed Ticket

Wow! Nearly a week has gone by since my last post. Work has been a bull for me lately.

I work in the video post-production industry and this past week the facility I work at put on a number of events. Facilitating the recording as well as gathering interviews for documentaries and such add up to long days and even weekend work.

I was happy when I woke up this morning and didn't have to put things into top gear again. The relaxing will only last a little while as things ramp back up at the end of the month.

Anyways, in the midst of this odd postal 'strike' in Canada (more like a staggering delay), I received a cool item for my Linden collection.


Now I've never seen this ticket before, and when it showed its face on ebay, I was immediately interested.

It had a slightly higher buy it now price than I cared to pay, but I knew if I didn't snag it then, it would probably be gone and the likeliness of seeing another would be next to nil.

The key for me to finally pull the trigger was not that it was a signed ticket, but rather that it was from Trev's days in Washington. How many of you remember Linden playing for the Capitals? Sadly, I do.

It was not fun to watch. These were the pre-Ovechkin days. Sure, they had Jagr, but he was not one bit the player he was when with the Penguins.

In 28 games with the Caps (spread over two seasons), Linden had but 7 points. Just not the right chemistry.

The only cool thing about Linden being in Washington was that it was his final destination before returning to Vancouver (his proper home).

I like this one-of-a-kind item and it'll sit proudly with my other oddball items.

No comments:

Post a Comment