Thursday, September 22, 2011

BEHIND THE MASKS - Parent, Pelle and a Plethora of Pipes

The third Wednesday of the month means one thing...Trader's Night.

I made it a point to make it out this month seeing as Dominion was the recent release. Sad to update....no Linden cards were acquired (or even seen). :(

But......there was some Dominion goodness. I'll post that tomorrow.

Tonight, I'll show off some of the goalie mask cards I picked up both in trade and in the toonie binder.


2005/06 In The Game
Between The Pipes
#A-BP Bernie Parent autograph

OK....so this wasn't a toonie.....it was $5. But a HOF goalie for a five-spot. C'mon! It was a no-brainer for me.

There was also a Ranford and Palmateer from the same set, but I passed this time. I might just have to pick them up next month.


2010/11 In The Game
Decades 1980's - Memorable Masks
#MM-06 Pelle Lindbergh

The moment I saw this card, I knew I would be working out a trade. This was the one card from this product that was high on the radar.

I love how the eyes are piercing through the mask, I love how the straps are starting to fray and I love the simple, white, menacing, fibreglass mask.

Memorable Mask - indeed. Just an awesome card.


2010/11 In The Game
Between The Pipes
Masked Men III
#MM-01 Alex Auld

In addition to the Lindbergh, I picked up three more Masked Men III cards for my set (I'm getting closer to finishing it).

I really like the Auld mask. It's a tribute to some of the greatest goalies in Habs' history.

Love the crouch on Plante. It pays to have a side shot here (where you can't see Alex's eyes) as opposed to a straight on shot.


2010/11 In The Game
Between The Pipes
Masked Men III
#MM-17 Dwayne Roloson

The 'Thor' mask worn by Dwayne is another fave of mine. The picture really doesn't do the mask justice.


2010/11 In The Game
Between The Pipes
Masked Men III
#MM-20 James Reimer

'Optimus Reim' is going to be the main man in Toronto this year. Um-hmm. Whatever. All that means is this card has an inflated price.

Get back to me when you've got some 40-win seasons under your belt and then we'll talk about bumping that price up.

Happy to get this card in a trade as opposed to a cash sale. And it's a boring mask to boot.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
OK......a one-card peek at my Dominion break.


Sadly.....not a Linden. :(

2 comments:

  1. you're kidding right? You pulled that after I left?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No joke. Bought a box before I left and decided to open it there.

    It was a Habs box too.

    Lafleur and Kostitsyn base, and a Vachon/Bucyk dual patch to boot.

    It was crazy.

    ReplyDelete