Monday, January 9, 2012

Back on Board

Hello everyone. It's been almost two full weeks since I last posted. I've been off work for my Christmas break since Dec. 16 and while the break has been very welcomed, it has also been a bit of a hectic and stressful one (more than I would have liked).

In a nutshell, 'home renos' and 'holidays' do not match. I learned that one the hard way.

But things are in its final stretch as I get ready for work this morning and I hope to have distant memories of the past couple weeks real quick.

On the hobby front it's been a really slow month or so. I've picked up a few new items (which I'll be sharing with you over the next week or two), opened a few packs and have had the chance to secure a couple of custom card projects that I'm excited to work on.

As for my blog, it sort of whimpered into the new year with only 9 posts in December. That said, I managed 190 total posts in 2011 (just 15 less than in 2010). That more than 1 every two days. I'm really happy that I've continued on with blogging and have enjoyed writing up the posts and sharing my collection and thoughts.

I now have 62 'followers' which is about double the amount from this time last year. While that number really doesn't matter to me, it is nice knowing that there are more people checking out what I have to say. I get about 100 visitors to my page a day (it's been less recently due to my lack of posts) and I thank each and every one of you for popping by. I'm looking forward to more great comments from you in 2012.

Surprise, surprise - no hobby resolutions for me this year. I'm staying the course. After some solid thinking about the state of my collecting last fall, I can say that I'm happy with what I'm collecting and the budget I'm spending.

Lastly, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year and all the best to you and yours in 2012. Now let's have some fun out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment