Tuesday, February 21, 2012

MY COLLECTION: Do Good Things...Good Things Happen

Last month I finished what currently is the most important custom card I've made to date.

This 1967 Toronto Maple Leafs Stanley Cup ticket stub card took a lot of time and patience to get it to where it ended up. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.

Well, today I was given a little gift for my effort.

Back when I originally agreed to do the customs, I insisted I would do them for free. I wanted to just gain experience and learn through doing.

I've been fortunate enough to have received some really nice items for my work in the past. The cards I got today just add to those wonderful gifts.


2000/01 Pacific Crown Royale
Game Worn Jersey
Patch Variation
#21 Jyrki Lumme /144

This "Beef Jerky" Lumme patch might go down as the coolest I own. The twists and turns of colors along with the stitching just punch out from this card. Even Jyrki seems surprised by how nice the patch looks.

It makes me wish the swatch size was bigger. It's a pretty spectacular card in person nonetheless.


2010/11 In The Game
Ultimate Memorabilia 10th Edition
Stick Work Silver
Trevor Linden /24

This! Wow! I wasn't expecting this. A huge stick piece from my guy Trev, and it's numbered to just 24 copies.

These cards don't just grow on trees.

Yes, I do own a copy already. But that makes this one even better because I can take it in to my work and display it without disrupting my pc.

It'll be a solid reminder that when you do something nice for someone without the expectation of getting anything in return, often you will be rewarded for your efforts.

But it's not about the cards I received today - it's about the satisfaction of the work I've done for someone else.

That's what is making me smile right now.

Thanks very much Greg. I appreciate the kind gesture.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome gesture towards you on this one - I saw the ticket stub you made over on HI and man, it was spectacular!

    Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that shadow box ticket card is AMAZING! You need to start your own card company. And that Lumme patch is pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete