Friday, April 6, 2012

MY COLLECTION: More Good Things Happen

It's an understatement to say that I've had a pretty good week when it comes to the mailbox lottery.  A lot of bubble mailers and a lot of really top notch Linden cards to add to the pc.

But in addition to these cards, I received a package that had some pretty cool stuff in it.  And it comes on the heels of one of my favorite sayings...

Do Good Things....Good Things Happen.

A little over a month ago, I completed a Daniel Sedin tallboy custom for Michael over at Collecting For Kicks.  I was really happy with the way the card turned out (especially the back...which goes down as one of my faves).  As a thank you gift, Michael sent me the following...

A six-pack of Linden base cards.

Even though I have these cards already in my collection, I plan on replacing the current copies with these ones.  I really appreciate the gesture and thoughtfulness in sending me some cards of my favorite player.

A pair of in-person Legends autographs.

The Kirk Muller is really nice, but Steve Shutt.....are you kidding me.  That's awesome.  A great Montreal player, legend.....and massively underrated.  A fantastic addition.

This '16' Linden pin was a wonderful addition to the package.  And even though I already have 2 of these pins (one in my collection and one on my Canucks cap), this one fits perfectly into my "Do Good Things....Good Things Happen" shrine at work.

I love the fact that I can place this alongside some other great items and have it represent not only my favorite player, but the appreciation someone has for my custom work.

Thanks very much Michael.  I really like the gifts.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you like them! I was trying my best to get you something you didn't already have (especially with Lindens but I quickly learned that's impossible :))

    Just wanted to put a smile on your face like you did for me :)

    ReplyDelete