Tuesday, May 8, 2012

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - One More Piece Of Dominion

It's been a bit of a quiet last few days.....and that's just what I wanted it to be.

After some long work hours recently (finishing off a month-long project), I was given a couple extra days off.  So I took Friday and Monday and made a 4-day weekend sandwich........yum.

Friday was a sleep-in day coupled with my brother-in-law's birthday.  Nice.  Saturday was a trip to the monthly card show.  It's true.....for the first time ever, they put a show on in May (and they're having one in June as well).  It just goes to show just how much product is coming out year round now.

I was very responsible and kept my purchases to a minimum (you'll see the goods soon).  I did this mainly because I knew that the Spring Expo was taking place in Toronto that same weekend and there were a couple bigger Linden items I was hoping someone would keep an eye out for (and as it ended up......I landed one).

Saturday was also my nephew's lacrosse game.  It was a tough one to watch.  My nephew is in his first year of organized lacrosse (and he's got 10 other teammates that can say the same).  His team was clearly outmatched.  He was a little frustrated to say the least.  No goals scored for his team the entire game.  But I told him that their play improved drastically from the first 10 minutes to the last 10 minutes.  Gradual improvement.  And of course - effort.  You don't need to be a superstar to have that.

Sunday was.......what did I do Sunday?  Oh yeah - nothing.  I watched a little hockey, scoured ebay, tried to do laundry (but there was an invisible force field heading down to the basement).  I also plugged away on some customs that have been neglected recently.  But the creative juices just were not working and I am sure I will end up just scrapping what I did.

That leads me to today - Monday.  The last day before I go back to work.  Blech.  But I was happy to see one bubble envelope with my name on it in the mailbox.

2010/11 Panini Dominion
#150 Legends Emerald /5

This beauty leaves me with one more non 1/1 Linden left from the Dominion product released last fall.  I was worried that I wouldn't see a copy of this (having noticed 2 or 3 already hit the market).  The last one went for a ridiculous price......in a good way (about 1/4 of what I thought it would go for).  I was concerned when I saw this that the price would balloon as a result.

Nope.  I got this for a fantastic ending price.  I've said it before....Dominion is the single most volatile product from a price standpoint that I've ever seen.  When cards /5 go for less than cards /50.  When cards /5 are way less than half of what other Lindens /5 are in other products.  Crazy stuff.

Hopefully the 4 day layoff from work gets me a little re-energized.  Some new projects to work on during the day and some new Linden cards to chase.  Should be fun.

4 more days until Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment