Sunday, March 31, 2013

ARTICLES - Leaf CEO Brian Gray

Lately I have been listening to Cardboard Connection Radio on the web.  With 2 episodes a week focusing on all things sportscards, it seems like something that would be right up my alley.

While the majority of the subjects are non-hockey related, there are still some interesting topics, good guests and all in all it's a fun hour and a half show.

Recently, there was a sportscard industry summit in Las Vegas.  This get together of card companies, store owners and influential people in the hobby is a yearly tradition and this year Cardboard Connection Radio was doing some broadcasting from the event.

Subsequently, they posted an hour-long video of Leaf Trading Cards CEO Brian Gray and his presentation to the crowd.  Basically it's a company update, what's going to be coming down the pipe in 2013 and quite a bit of Brian's philosophy towards the industry in general.  There's also a Q&A session where he really lays out his thoughts on where he thinks the industry is at.


Just a heads up, there is the odd bit of profanity (not too much though).

At first I had the video playing while I was doing some work on my computer, but after about 20 minutes I found myself just engrossed in what he was saying. It was a fun watch and if you have the time I'd recommend taking a look at it.

It would be very intersting to hear the same kind of presentation from the big wigs at Upper Deck, Panini and In The Game (yes there are other companies, but I'm listing only those who have a hockey link at this time).

If you do watch it, drop me a comment and tell me what you thought of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment