Saturday, March 16, 2013

RAISE THE CUP - Justin Williams

Trade night always brings a sense of the unknown.  And that can quickly intensify when new collectors decide to pop into the store to participate.

Fresh cardboard to check out is always fun (same holds true at card shows).

And I'll be honest, I don't switch my trade box up too much so I am guilty of this, flipping through a box full of traders that you've seen month in, month out is a little boring.  I think that's why I'm trying to make a more conscious decision to bring different things (be it a binder of cheap inserts, some slabbed cards, etc), even going so far as putting things in a different box.

Switching it up can be a good thing sometimes.

Anyways, one of the boxes I sifted through had a few cards that I traded for.  One of which fits perfectly into the Cup raising pc.

2012/13 Panini Certified
Path To The Cup
#PSCW-10 Justin Williams  /99

This card is a fantastic example of why I enjoy this project.  Playoff beard, overjoyed expression, Cup over the head, a backdrop of fans going crazy.  What's not to like?  (I guess Devils fans need not answer)

This insert set feels like a direct response to the very popular (and extremely difficult to build) Day With The Cup set that Upper Deck started producing last year.

And why not.  I think creating cards to celebrate a team winning the Cup is a no-brainer.  In fact, I'd like to take credit for the concept really taking off.

Consider it.  Check out the number of cards and the number of insert sets developed surrounding the Stanley Cup winners since I made my first Raise The Cup post years ago.

Yeah......right.

Nonetheless, a great card that fits nicely in the project.

Current Collection - 108 cards

No comments:

Post a Comment