Friday, April 19, 2013

PACK RIPPING - 2012/13 Panini Certified

Busy week.  Amazing to say because it was only a 3-day week for me.  Thursday and Friday are holiday days for yours truly and the timing could not be better.  Work's been ramping up and the past few nights have been jam packed.

A charity poker tournament (in which I got hit with one bad beat after another), an out-of-town concert with my niece (tons of fun...but the drive home was a toughie) and a long chat with my financial advisor (yearly talk....but the prep had be up late) all wrapped up in a week where I'm trying to prep for my friend's wedding...where I get to be the emcee.  Normally I'd groan at the thought, but I'm really looking forward to rocking the mic.  Lots of stories to tell.

Anyways, I missed the mid-month trade night so as a result I can get a little more caught up in my other show & tell posts.  I semi-caved at the start of the month where I picked up a couple packs of Certified to ease my pack ripping crave.

Let's check out the goods.

2012/13 Panini Certified
2 packs

Two whole packs.  Not expecting much, but the longshot pull would have been a redemption card for a Trevor Linden Tyler Ennis dual autograph card /25.  I'll end the suspense.....I didn't get it.

The base are shiny.....real shiny.  Too shiny if you ask me.  A little more texture or background photo on the card would have helped out this look. The design is nothing special and for a mid-range product it left me feeling a little bland.

I do have enough cards for my 'One Sheet, One Set' project (which has been sitting stagnant for a might long time).  So at least they won't totally go to waste.

A Fabric Of The Game jersey card of recently traded Jason Pomminville.  I'm betting that the demand for this went down.  Hello dollar box (if I had a table at a show).

Last but not least though was a pretty solid hit for a two-pack rip.

A dual jersey (prime) card /10.

Both jerseys are two-colored with seams.

The card comes from the Path To The Cup set so it has a Stanley Cup connection.

New Jersey and Florida (meh).

So can you guess who my two guys are?

I guarantee you.....not in 100 years.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hmmmmmm.  To be honest, I didn't even know Steve Bernier still played in the NHL.  Brian Campbell I guess isn't the worst guy to have, but he's not in my top 10 Florida picks.......and I don't even know 10 players from Florida.  That's gotta tell you something.

But, it's out of 10 and maybe with a little luck I can find a player collector for one of these two guys.  Or maybe a set collector.  That would be great.  A break-even here would be just fine.

2 comments: