Sunday, May 26, 2013

1 vs. 100 - Crossing It Off...Again

Last fall I made the decision to sell one of the cards in my '1 vs. 100' project.  Normally I don't sell cards from my pc but in this case I was happy to do so.

Putting 64 back on the list wasn't tough to do.  After all, this 100-card project is something that is just a fun build - I'm not taking it seriously and actively pursuing the completion.  Whenever something pops up and is for the right price....I'll bite.

And that's exactly what happened with the replacement card.

I recently found a sale post on the hobby boards I partake in and it had exactly what I was looking for.

2012/13 Upper Deck SP Game Used
Authentic Rookies
#104 Lane MacDermid  /64

Who is Lane MacDermid?  I dunno...but his card is numbered out of 64 (his jersey number).  Because he's not a name player yet in the league, I was able to snag this perfect addition to the set for less than $5.

A very worthy replacement (that said, the Cup rookie patch I sold was a really nice card).  I like that this is a card year and brand that is unique to the project.  Creating a more diverse list of cards really makes the big picture project even more impressive.

With Lane's addition, I'm left with just 8 cards to track down.  The lowest number being 14 and the highest 98 (I know....you'd think I'd have that one by now).

Oh, and I just finished doing some scanning of the Linden cards I picked up from the Expo (finally).  I'll have a nice show & tell thread soon.  Card Of The Year candidate in there?  Maybe.

92 out of 100  (92%)

No comments:

Post a Comment