Monday, May 26, 2014

HHOF AUTOS - Bubble Mailer Madness

When I got home from work today I saw no less than five bubble mailers shoved into my mailbox.  Easily one of the more fruitful maildays I've had in this hobby.

Some of the addresses I recognized as ebay purchases or hobby board transactions, but there were a couple that I recognized but couldn't figure out what I had bought or traded for.

One package in particular came from Casey over at Drop The Gloves! ...oops, I mean House Of Oglethorpe (still getting used to the name change).  When I opened the envelope my eyes widened and jaw dropped.

The note included was short and sweet.  It basically said that he appreciated my quest for HOF autos and that he'd like to pass along some cards to me.

I was excited to read the note and equally excited to see the stellar offering.

Joe Nieuwendyk
(Inducted in 2011)

Hey, didn't I just trade for a Joe Who on the weekend?  Why yes I did.  But this Nifty 50 piece blows that one out of the water.  The design, the auto, everything about this card just pops.

In fact, I think the Nifty 50 set is one of the nicest hard signed auto sets out there.  Great concept.  If I were to build an auto set, this would definitely be on the shortlist.

Glenn Anderson
(Inducted in 2008)

Hey, didn't I just trade for a Glenn Anderson on the weekend?  Why yes I did.  But this Trilogy Legendary Scripts card again destroys what I have.

The autograph is way, way better and I love the horizontal design.  And you can't see it in the scan, but the matte finish / glossy finish combination really adds to the allure of the card.  Great card.

Brad Park
(Inducted in 1988)

Hey, didn't I just trade for a Brad Park on the weekend?  Nope!  So you are one for three Casey!  :)

These Epic Signature cards are yet another gorgeous set to pull hard signed autos from.  And Park has a solid sig.  Steady and not too complex (his short name helps with that), it's a great example to add to the growing collection.

So let me take a moment right now to say a huge THANK YOU to Casey.  I've enjoyed your ever evolving blog and collections.  And your generosity is very much appreciated.  Cheers!


So now....this means that I have a couple of extra signatures.  What to do?  I think I need to do something special to commemorate these wonderful additions.

You will definitely want to stay tuned.

Current Collection - 59 HOF Autos

1 comment:

  1. Nice stuff! Love that Epic Signatures set. I had a Jean Beliveau at one point, but traded it away for some Hasek stuff. Definitely regretting that decision now.

    ReplyDelete