Monday, October 6, 2014

RAISE THE CUP - Can I Get A Ruling Here!

Last week's monthly trade night came and went and I was thrilled to meet up with a fellow Linden, Canucks and custom card aficionado.  He was in town for a few days and contacted me out of the blue asking if there was anything hobby related going on.

Awesome!  A chance to talk shop with a guy I've been a fan of for a while.

We headed down to the card shop and had a great time.

I caved at the end of the night and bought a box of 13/14 MVP (it was on sale).  Why....why...why?!!!

I might......might show off the wares down the road.

I did make a trade though.  And it landed me a new card for my Raise The Cup project.  Although there are some that are throwing the flag.

You be the judge.

Now to me, this card embodies what the project is all about.  Capturing that pinnacle moment in a player's career when they finally get to hold the Holy Grail of hockey trophies.

If that moment wasn't the perfect time to snap a pic of Jonathan Quick...I don't know what would be.

To me, it's a keeper.  But I'm sure I'll assess and address the situation down the road.  I'm OCD like that.

But for now...

Current Collection - 114 cards

2 comments:

  1. Just change the title of your collection from Raising the Cup to Holding the Cup... or Tonguing the Cup and you're golden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it's off the ground to me!

    ReplyDelete