Wednesday, December 31, 2014

OPINION - Time Flies

Wow.....it's over.  2014 has come and gone.  And while it was a little quieter a year for me hobby-wise, I can still say I had a lot of fun and built my collection just a little bit more.

My blogging slowed down a bit (mostly due to a three-month hiatus during the summer) but I never really felt like I stepped away from the hobby.  And that's something I look back at with great joy.

I might try getting around to a "Best Of 2014" post in the next week or so....or I might not - we'll see.

As for any sort of New Year's Resolutions.....I think I'm done with those.  I think I'll just take a look at the big picture and stick with the "have fun" motto I've tried to go by for years now.  Seems to work.  As well, I need to make sure that the hobby never controls me as a collector.  I am the one in control of how much I spend and what I spend it on.

Case in point - the oversaturation of redemption cards littering the secondary market from this past Toronto Expo.  It's rather laughable that I've seen at least 20 cards pop up....most of which have ridiculous price tags attached to them.  My excitement towards them is now zero.  I've even passed on bidding on these cards when the price has been right.  They are starting to serve no real purpose in my collection.

I do plan on keeping track of the cards (listing them on my master list and capturing scans when I have the chance to), but as for obtaining them...not so much.

I haven't put too much thought into 2015 other than I have made one decision...

I enjoyed the summer hiatus so much that I'm doing it again.  June, July and August will be "no card" months.  It was nice to step away and give my wallet a breather, it was nice to focus on work during those months (as it gets really busy) and it was nice when I returned.  So why not do it again.

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read my blog over the years.  I'll be back with more in the new year.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Brett, all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't made a final decision yet... but I'm leaning towards being done with resolutions myself. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete