Monday, January 5, 2015

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - My Final Pickup of 2014

Twitter came into play for my latest Linden pc item, which just so happened to be the final pickup of the 2014 calendar year.

It's not the first time that checking out Twitter had landed me an item for my collection, but it is a rare occurrence.

It was kind of a roundabout way that I came into this card.  One of the local hobbyists I follow tweeted out (to another Linden collector) that a card had popped up in a box break.  I clicked the link, curious as I am, and was pretty excited to see the card I did.

After a little back and forth with a few people, and a bit of a start-stop-start in negotiations, a deal was struck.

Let's call it a Christmas present to me (since it all occurred on Dec. 24 and 25).  The card arrived today.

2013/14 Upper Deck
The Cup
#EE-TL Emblems Of Endorsement  /15

When I first learned that Linden would be once again included into The Cup, I was nervous.  But after seeing the limited chase I would be enduring, I was excited.  Only two cards....A stick nameplate 1/1 and the Emblems card above.

And while this card might not have the sick swatches that others from this  run of 15 would have, I'm thrilled with the copy I have - and the price I paid.

With a bit of an unknown landscape going into the 2015 year from a Linden collecting standpoint (no more Panini, ITG/Leaf merger) I need to be even more diligent with the cards I pick up and the prices I pay for them.

Now that this card has come in, stay tuned for a "Best Of 2014" post...Linden style.

No comments:

Post a Comment