Sunday, January 25, 2015

WALLET CARD - Oscar's A Cover Boy

For those of you who haven't been following the wacky adventures of my #WalletCard on Twitter.....what are you thinking???!!

In all honesty, there hasn't been too much going on.  A trade night, a tarantula and a trip to the library.

I'll admit, I'm not pulling this photo out of the wallet to shoot just anything and everything.  But I am aware that a handful of tweets/posts per week is warranted.

And....I'm having fun with it.  I know I picked the right card.

When I initially chose this 1976 Topps Oscar Gamble card, it was because it had a bit of sentimental value to it.  Plus, it's just one heck of a sweet photo.  But I've discovered in just the couple short weeks I have been participating in #WalletCard, Oscar Gamble and his 'fro have more of a following and admiration than I anticipated.

I decided to do some searching up on Gamble and stumbled across this fantastic video done up by author and journalist Dan Epstein.  It's a must watch.




"The copious circumference of his coiffure." ???!!! Writing does not get any better than that.

I immediately became a Dan Epstein fan.

I did a little more digging and learned he has written a couple baseball books.  I tracked one down at the library today.

Oscar "Coverboy" Gamble thinks it's worthy of being my next read.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I thought his 'fro on the front of my card was crazy cool.  That photo on the cover of the book is legendary.

I did a little quick flipping (to the pictures of course) and look what I found.

Now I'm definitely reading this.

I think Oscar might enjoy playing the part of bookmark for this one.  Or does that create some sort of "conflict of interest"?  This #WalletCard thing is so complex.  :)

Be sure to keep up to date with the latest and greatest from Oscar Gamble...#WalletCard.  You can follow him on Twitter by clicking on the '76 Topps card at the top right of my blog.

Keep having fun!

3 comments:

  1. This is a fun book and recommended! He just released a new one about the '76 season that I want to track down and read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great #WalletCard pictures! My Sandy hasn't seen the light of day for a week now; I guess I haven't been out much but that's no excuse.

    ReplyDelete