Tuesday, November 29, 2016

LINDEN CARD OF THE WEEK - A Very Big Fish Is In The Pond

There are very few cards that really get my juices flowing these days.  With all the boring re-usages of design and photos, with the uninspired creativity in products and the over saturation of parallels, I've grown pretty immune to what is out there.

Sure, there are cards that really look good or I'm excited about because they've taken a decade to surface, but when it comes to the newer stuff.....one word - boring.

Well, take a look at the beauty that just showed up on the open market last week.

2013/14 Upper Deck The Cup
#PO-TL Property Of  1/1

Now THIS is how you do a stickpiece.

Remember about a year ago when I shared the abysmal Nameplate attempt by Leaf?  Here's a refresher...

Absolutely brutal.

Now, what this Cup piece has is a very clean design with a lot of "name recognition" to those who chase the Property Of cards.

So what will this piece of cardboard (and stick) end up going for?  My guess is that it will be the highest priced Linden card to come around in a good 5-6 years.  That said, I don't think it will come close to the $1000 price that the Leaf version was tagged with.  Let's hope that a big dose of reality sits in to the owner of that one once he sees this auction end.

So will I bid on it?  Time will tell.  But I'm seriously considering it.

Regardless, it's an exciting card to see surface and it will be a gem in anyone's collection.

2 comments:

  1. That is a sweet card. I hope to hear in a few days it's ended up in your collection. If I were in your shoes, I'd be all in.

    ReplyDelete