Thursday, March 9, 2017

VOICES OF THE GAME - Charlie Simmer

I like digging.  Digging through huge monster boxes of cards.  Not base cards but inserts.  Jersey cards and autos that have been sitting for far too long in a closet.....with blowout prices on them.

I like that.

The recent card show had me sifting through a couple tables worth of boxes and I managed to find a few diamonds in the rough.

I made the decision to not go overboard and buy stuff for my trade box.....but that didn't last long.  Some Masked Men I and II card for .50 cents each killed that goal.  I'm a sucker for a good deal.

Looking back I wonder if that was a good deal??  Ha ha.

Anyways, on to one of the cards I found through my hours of digging.

2010/11 Panini Crown Royale
Voices Of The Game
#1 Charlie Simmer

This is a very small collection I have passively been building.  Working in the world of television and media I thought it would be fun to go after these cards.  Especially when you start the collection off with a legend like Dick Irvin.  As my nephew would say....noice.

Charlie used to do color commentary for the local Flames games for a few seasons back before the huge Sportsnet NHL bid.  He wasn't too bad to listen to......but I'll admit I like his signature better.

Simmer has a real nice auto and it fills the card out well.  He seems to be sporting a Kings jersey in the photo...likely from a night honouring him - or a teammate.

For just a few bucks I'm happy to add it to the meek collection.

Oh.......and in case you were wondering......Bob Cole does have a signature card (or two).  It's officially on the radar.


Current Collection - 8 cards

No comments:

Post a Comment